Look, we love Radiohead as much as the guy in the dorm room next to you, and, like every other sentient being on this planet, we’ll be in line for those Radiohead collectors editions of Pablo Honey, The Bends, and OK Computer out March 24, and all of the new/old Radiohead vinyl out April 21. But Radiohead’s prolific musical genius aside, dudes are beefin’ harder than McDonald’s!
Apparently, for these indie rock gods, the answer to the age-old question “Can’t we all just get along?” is “Bloody hell, no!” Who knew these twee Brits had so many issues to work through!?
Therefore, here are the top 5 folks Radiohead basically hates.
5. Miley Cyrus: Apparently Miley was hoping to get just a few short mins of Radiohead’s (i.e. her FAVE BAND’s) time at the Grammys this year. Radiohead’s response: “Uh… we don’t really do that.” HEISMANED!
4. Kanye West: Is also none too pleased with Thom Yorke Ltd. Apparently Kanye was also looking to get a little Grammy facetime with Radiohead. Unfortunately, ‘Ye didn’t get the Miley memo and felt snubbed (I know! Shocking, right?) when Radiohead basically ignored him. But Kanye SO got them back!!! When they performed he “sat the f*** down.” OOH! BURN!
3. The Hold Steady: Tad Kubler, guitarist for Brooklyn rock darlings The Hold Steady, said some not-so-nice things about Thom Yorke, and guess what? BOOM! Tad ends up in the hospital with a busted pancreas. You do the math.
2. The Pixies: Thom claims this one was total “rubbish,” but he was kind of caught freaking out that Radiohead was performing after the Pixies at Bonnaroo back in ’06. Thom says that what he REALLY meant was that the Pixies should be headlining above them. Right… Ok. Zzzz.
1. Oasis: Oasis’ Liam Gallagher has, by far, proven himself to be Yorke’s most worthy opponent. These two have a love/hate relationship that goes way back, and these guys are not afraid to get down-and-dirty personal. In fact Gallagher said of Radiohead fans: “they are boring… and ugly.” Funny! I’ve always thought the same thing of the Gallagher brothers!
Our advice: Just accept that Radiohead does not want to be friends with you. If you do see Radiohead at a party and attempt to chat them up, let’s just assume the night’s gonna end in shattered glass and a broken nose. Hey wait a second… That sounds like the makings of an EXCELLENT Radiohead song! In that case, knives out!